Is the EQU something you can't change? If you need it as the value then code it
as both value and length so it can be accessed as a value and length.  In your
case, the value will always resolve to a number so it is always a valid length.

EQU_LABEL EQU 30,30
EQU_LABEL EQU ANOTHER_LABEL,ANOTHER_LABEL

Since we don't know your intent, we're guessing about the problem you are
trying to solve. Maybe global variable would be a better solution. If it's to
make the length human readable in the listing, why do you feel it's important?