From: IBM Mainframe Assembler List <ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2023 6:28 PM
To: ASSEMBLER-LIST@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: Setting &sysect as CSECT or on using

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 at 18:12, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use the following
>  Using &sysect,12,10
>
> &sysect comes up blank even though I know it had been set Thanks

Available only in a macro. Which makes some sense - what would be its use in
open code? But you say it's blank? If you're in macro code and your macro was
invoked in the context of an unnamed CSECT (or you used START, etc.), then
blank would be legit. You say it had been set - by what? Only a label on a
CSECT/DSECT/etc. type instruction can set it.

Tony H.