Gary,

As Gary Peskin and Tony Harminc have pointed out,
the sequence of bits is the same, and the 'value' is the same too.

Please see my prior email with examples to validate
that the value 7 encoded in either LUV or RUV
eventually ends up having the exact same sequence of bits.

Which underscores that the view chosen is no more than
an aid in understanding the numbers your program is using.

As I've come to understand, it makes no sense to have an
option to request LUV or RUV since the bit sequence
would be the very same.

And no, RUV/LUV is not an HLL thingy.
It is an additional layer of complexity added into the
PoP to confuse us mere mortals :-)

Kind regards & Happy programming!
Abe
===