If anyone can advise me, I would be grateful!

I observe that in the HLASM listing, when PRINT NOGEN is in effect, and when a
macro call is printed, the location counter and object code of the macro’s
first generated machine instruction is printed alongside the macro call. That
is very helpful.

My question: I’ve written a macro in which the first generated instruction is
an MNOTE comment, followed by several generated machine instructions. What I
see is that with PRINT NOGEN in effect, I do not see the location counter and
object code of the first generated machine instruction. I’m sure that this
behavior is expected and is simply how the assembler works. What I’m wondering
is if there are any print control statements (or other innocuous statements)
that I can insert into the macro to force the first machine instruction’s
location counter value and object code to print next to the macro call even
when PRINT NOGEN is in effect. I don’t want to move the MNOTE instruction
further down within the macro; i.e., when PRINT GEN is in effect, I want the
MNOTE to appear before the generated machine instructions.

This is not a major issue at all… but if I could change the macro to make this
happen, then I would!

Thank you,

David