Scott,

There was a small mistake in the old OCR plugin - signaling was not
switched off while doing systemcalls (convert + tesseract) . The plugin
was running stabil since months, but at this time I have no idea what
could be happend on your system.

Please try the following settings:

procWhiteASSP_OCR:=
DoPDFTextASSP_OCR:=1
DoPDFImageASSP_OCR:=
DoImageASSP_OCR:=
ASSP_OCRocrmaxsize:=1024000

and check/set the following setting:

WorkerCPUPriority:=2

Thomas

Scott MacLean <a...@hollsco.com>
26.03.2009 20:05
Bitte antworten an
ASSP development mailing list <assp-test@lists.sourceforge.net>

An
ASSP development mailing list <assp-test@lists.sourceforge.net>
Kopie

Thema
Re: [Assp-test] Antwort: Re: Antwort: [SPAM] Re: Antwort: 2.0.0 16.10
still crashing seconds after start under Win2003, Perl 5.10

At 04:01 AM 3/26/2009, Thomas Eckardt/eck wrote:

> >This is despite the fact that ImageMagick's convert.exe is most
> >definitely in the system PATH. I don't know if this is related to
> >this problem or not.
>
>The ImageMagick dir must be before %windir%\system32 if you run ASSP as a
>service. Because, there is also a MS- convert.exe in %windir%\system32 .

The ImageMagick dir is the very first item in my PATH. If I run
"convert" from any other directory other than the system32 directory,
I get the ImageMagic convert utility.

>Please try the latest OCR plugin!

I tried the one you sent me (the second one). It's much worse. It
consistently locks up 15-20 seconds after startup, every time, with
this version, wherease the previous (original) one would run for
around 3 minutes before locking up.

> >I named ASSP_SkeletonTest.xx back to ASSP_SkeletionTest.pm
>
>Do not do this, this plugin is only a skeleton to make it more easy to
>create new plugins. It does nothing else than using memory and CPU time.

I renamed it.

> >I tried changing IOEngine with no change in operation.
>
>Please try both engines - and tell me if you have any problem with any of
>them (related to the old Poll-problem on your system).

I ran it for 30 minutes with IOEngine set to 1, with no problems.
Then switched back to 0, and it continued to run without problems.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
known virus in this email!