I see that a new parameter (DenyError) was introduced.
But I did not see it working yet.
Please let me know if I missed anything or what I should do to enable
the use of (DenyError).

The lines bellow are the only log files I see for IP blocked by
denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways

2009-10-28 16:34:41 <> IP 11.11.11.11 (11.11.11.11 redcapemail)
matches denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways;
2009-10-28 16:34:41 <> 11.11.11.11:59526 strictly denied by
denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways or droplist: 11.11.11.11 redcapemail;

Thanks,

Fochi

quote "if one doesn't give a heck about RFCs ...  just drop it"

On the oposite, I'm not an expert in RFCs but I think the closest it
comes to RFC, the best.

In my tests, when I use denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways, I thought I
should have an immediate return from my external server with the
failure reason.
But I did not receive any hint that the mail was not delivered. Thus
I suppose ASSP is just dropping the connection without a 4xx or 5xx
or whatever.

Thus I just wish that whenever ASSP rejects a connection, it informs
the offending server that the mail will not be delivered.
(be it 4xx, 5xx or whatever makes sense and adheres to pertinent RFCs)

That way, users that send mails to our beloved ASSP server, will know
high away that their mail wasn't delivered and take the necessary
action (for example call our users and ask for whitelist inclusion)

Fochi

I am testing (denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways) and noticed that
apparently it does not send a 5xx error message.

In cases where this is a false positive, the unfortunate senders will
never know their mail did not reach the final destination.

Should it have a parameter were admins could set ASSP to send the 500
error message for the denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways?

Fochi