Hi Thomas,

I also agree with the idea of an automatic update - but maybe not
completely automatic...

Maybe some options for:

Autodownload latest version: this will rename assp.pl to something
like assp.pl.rc.0.5.25, then autodownload assp.pl

Autorestart after autodownload: if new version downloaded, then
automatically restart. Some admins may want to switch this function off.

Email admin after autodownload/autorestart: speaks for itself.

I also hope you don't stop development on this obviously great and
popular product. Even though it's free/open source, it's still the
best, including commercial products.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone