On Dec 19, 2009, at 12:42 AM, Paul Whelan wrote:

> On 18 Dec 2009 at 14:02, Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> You did nothing wrong. It's a problem with this community. One that
>> rarely anyone will acknowledge.
>
> Hey, only problem seem to me that a small number of folks overreact.

I think you are missing many critical threads.  "I know what the
phrase means.  I was not aware I had to stand a trial" "Did you stop
to beat your wife, yes or no?"

Seriously, just swap neat with rape and molest while you are at it an
toss in some evil dictator references while we are at it.

That my friend, is not a language barrier of any kind.  The off list
sentiment has this one outnumbered in my estimations.

> Don't lose sight of the fact that many contributors here are non-
> native english speakers and we need to make allowances for that.

A ton of slack is cut in my mind for that, this is not one of those
cases, and there are countless others.  If the devs hate the users,
close the dev list, but do not complain when there are not enough
testers, which is a result of this, and nothing to do with auto update
installed or not. I would be shocked if auto update added more than 5%
tester load to 2.x, though I called myspace stupid, and while it was,
I called a billion dollar empire stupid, so I am known to be wildly
wrong.