> I get a lot of very simple emails going back and forth within the
> company that I would prefer to have not bloat the notspam folder.

Hmm... you mean that /internal/ emails go through ASSP ?

I had such a setup time ago, but I've switched away from it
my current setup works by using a separate box hosting
ASSP and an SMTP relay (used to route messages); the
ASSP proxies incoming mails (from the internet) to the
backend mailserver and outgoing emails (to the internet)
are sent from the internal mailserver to ASSP which in turn
uses the local SMTP relay to route them to destination;
with such a config local to local emails never touch ASSP
so, my suggestion is to evaluate setting up a separate
box (even a VM will do) running ASSP, an SMTP "engine"
and, if possible, a DNS resolver (used by the local box
for all its needs) and reconfiguring your mailflow to use
such a box for wan->local and local->wan mail routing