> No it is not your report, but you commented and explained it. And your
> explanation for this case was questionable and will not help the
> reporting user.
>
> ASSP uses ALSO DNSBL lookups for IPs on the mail route, but it uses
> also manually maintained blocklists (in V2 only) like
> denySMTPConnectionsFromAlways and denySMTPConnectionsFrom.
> It may be wise to cleanup those lists.
>
> In case of bogons I strongly recommend:
> http://www.caida.org/~youngh/bogons.html

Many thanks Fritz,

My own explanation was derived from the observation
that all current reported issues with this *new* ASSP
behaviour will show the mail host is blacklisted!

Certainly, I questioned this, until I did some tests!

I have NOT seen incorrect ASSP on healthy hosts!

So I am looking into your explanation of 'bogons'
and the need for manual blocklists.....(duh)!

But I do not yet see enough relevance [yet],
for my ASSP logs show that ONLY blacklisted
origins show this character with a ASSP log
reporting; "14.0.0.0/8" for  I see this is not
the actual host mail IP address.

I am sure I am thick, and stupid, but it makes sense
so far!