> Warning: Spamdb contains 151091 records (allocating at least 35.9MB)
> - it is highly recommended to use a database for 'spamdb'
>
> and same for whitelistdb. I'd also like to experiment with the Hidden
> Makrov Model functionality, which requires a database.
>
> I currently use MySQL for my Postfix user database. Should I use that
> or use BerkeleyDB?

You may just use MySQL for ASSP too; it's fully supported; as for
setting things up, have a look here

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/assp/index.php?title=Supported_databases

notice that, while moving most data and the bayes corpus (spamdb) on DB
may just be fine, doing that for HMM (Hidden Markov Model) would pose
quite a load on the DB/System so, if you want to enable HMM ensure that
the box running MySQL has fast storage and enough RAM/CPU resources or
you may face issues

Also, and since we're at it, before changing the config to use DB: make
a backup of your assp.cfg file; not really mandatory, since ASSP does
that by itself, but won't hurt, also, ensure to carefully read the GUI
notes; some parameters need to be carefully matched to avoid issues
and, when migrating to the DB, run ASSP from console (not daemonized)
so that you'll be able to see whatever startup errors in "real time" :)

My 2 cents.