I'm not trying to run it more than once.  When I start assp from a
command terminal, it displays every line that is going in to the log
file and never returns to the "prompt".  It keeps doing that until I
close the window by clicking on the "X".  With assp v1 it would start up
and then return to the prompt - leaving assp running in the
background.   Is there any way to  make it duplicate that and return to
the prompt?

Thanks

On 04/23/2012 10:48 AM, Thomas Eckardt wrote:
> V2 will never start if there is still an instance running.
>
> c:\assp>perl assp.pl
> Set up gcc environment - 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
> ASSP 2.1.2(12102) is starting in directory c:/assp
> on host Toshi
> using Perl  version 5.014001 (5.14.1)
> compiling code please wait ..... pid file found - checking process list
> using tasklist.exe ....  Abort: ASSP is still running with process-ID:
> 5124 - (or delete file c:/assp/pid)
>

> Abort: ASSP is still running with process-ID: 5124 - (or delete file
> c:/assp/pid)
>
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at assp.pl line 4582.
>
>> Is there anyway to make assp exit once ...
> setting 'AsADaemon' to on will force assp to fork and exit.
>
> Thomas
>

> Von:    Tim Jacob<tja...@jollyfarmer.com>
> Datum:  23.04.2012 15:21
> Betreff:        [Assp-test] Using /etc/init.d/assp start (and restart)
>

> I am running Suse Linux Enterprise Server 10.4, and ASSP v2.1.2(12109)
>
> If I open a terminal, change to my assp directory and type "perl
> assp.pl", assp starts up and continues on displaying all email activity
> until I close that terminal.
>
> I have 2 versions of perl - 5.8.8 and 5.10.1
> I just found out that the reason my "/etc/init.d/assp start" did not
> work was that it was trying to use perl v5.8.8.  However, once I
> corrected that, SLES somehow would  not recognize that assp was running
> yet (I think because of the way it works in the 2nd sentence above)
>
> Therefore it doesn't exit on to the next item in the startup script, so
> Apache never loaded, Tomcat never loaded, and VNC never loaded.
>
> Is there anyway to make assp exit once it is running like it used to do
> in version 1?  "perl assp.pl 2>&1>  /dev/null&" doesn't seem to allow
> SLES to continue on, so the server never actually comes all the way up.
>
> Many thanks,
> Tim

> DISCLAIMER:
> This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally
> privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the
>
> individual to whom it is addressed.
> This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no
> known virus in this email!

# Jolly Farmer: Tim Jacob
# Email: tja...@jollyfarmer.com <mailto:tja...@jollyfarmer.com>
# Website: www.jollyfarmer.com <http://www.jollyfarmer.com>
# Phone: 506-325-3850
<http://www.jollyfarmer.com/greenhouse/greenhousecontact.html>
# 56 Crabbe Rd | Northampton, NB E7N 1R6

"Integrity, Quality, & Reliable Service Since 1967"