I received this reply from cpan forum regarding the issue with  IO::Socket::SSL
1.70

"the problem is with ASSP. They use the SSL_version parameter of
IO::Socket::SSL in a way which was never documented. It only worked because it
ignored wrong values until version 1.70, but with 1.70 additional functionality
was added to SSL_version so that it now needs to check the syntax and
rejects bad values.
You might fix the issue for you if you delete any references to SSL_version
from assp/assp.pl"

Thank you
Graziano