:: On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:05:38 -0500
:: <sigth.1125b22c27.2d291066-e804-491c-91f8-5a1807df2...@videlicet.com>
:: Trevor Jacques <tre...@videlicet.com> wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2014, at 9:59, Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com>
> wrote:
>
> > hmmm ... "lazy" - to log, or not to log, that is the question :):):)
>
> :-)
>
> > Be sure, delayed logging will never become a feature in assp.
>
> Given that it takes only two lines and that it might be useful, so
> that some of use can make assp play even more nicely with others, I
> can’t imagine why not. :-)  There are many features and settings in
> assp that are noted as something like “change at your own risk” and
> many others that most assp admins never touch; that does not mean
> that they should be absent. By having a setting in the assp GUI to
> set the ‘logWriteDelay’ to a few seconds could help those of us who
> both need it and who do not write perl code.

if the above should find room in ASSP code, I think it shouldn't go
into the gui, rather as an option in the "override" module; that said,
I don't think that slowing down the logging could be a good idea; see,
the log is there for a purpose and, in your case, a possible solution
may be configuring ASSP to write to "syslog" and then use those logs
for fail2ban