:: On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:26:20 +1100
:: <3f0c3797-6756-4e57-9577-ad7b56281...@bordo.com.au>
:: James Brown <jlbr...@bordo.com.au> wrote:

> Looks like it is still happening under Mac OS X:
>
> Apr-04-14 01:01:11 [Worker_10001] Warning: got unexpected signal SEGV
> in Worker_10001: package - main, file - sub main::BayesWordClean,
> line - 11!
>
> ASSP version 2.4.2(14092)
>
> I know what you are going to say about Perl versions! (I’m just too
> scared to upgrade in case it breaks things!)

All I can say is that I upgraded to 5.16 without too much hassle; as a
note, a good way to run such upgrades is running ASSP inside a
dedicated VM; in such a case you may just clone the VM, upgrade Perl
and the modules and once everything will be ok, update the "corpus" of
the new VM with the one from the live ASSP and then swap the VMs;
notice though that in my case I just upgraded the current ASSP Perl "in
place" w/o doing the above (the above is just a suggestion to help
running the upgrade in "safe mode")