:: On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:09:47 +0200
::
<titc.6372c6e693.of581c4ccf.bef7cd3e-onc1257d79.00471ba1-c1257d79.00484...@thockar.com>
 ::
Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com> wrote:

> How ever, assp has to make sure, that no other assp process is able
> to access the file before it was scanned - so, a long term queue
> (anytime queue) is not an option.

thinking loud:

store the file in a separate "scan" folder, then the scanner process
will decide where to move it (regular storage or quarantine); this way
only the scanner will "know where the file is" :)

As for using a regular thread or an high one... I wonder why you aren't
spawning another thread just for this task; all in all it will run only
if this scan is enabled :)