Hi Thomas,

thanks for your reply. -> Coolest software ever :)

Ok, I have change the information "UID" to "sAMAccountName" and I see only some 
entrys but not all. If I change the attribute to anything other I only see some 
accounts and not all. Looks like a restriction. "-ResultSize Unlimite" is for a 
big LDAP necessary - without it it shows only the first 1000 entrys. For eMail 
in ASSP checks its working but for the authentication Admin Dialog not I think.

Then I use a account I dont need but who is accessible for me.
I chose the account and it is displayed on "user name :"
"use LDAP / LDAP host :" is set with settings from the LDAP Setup
After continue I see more dialog but there is no LDAP Container Settings. (I 
think we need them there)
The rest is normal for me with the part of user rights like local users.
ASSP version 2.4.4(14307)
In the End - no login for the new user is possible.
Nov-07-14 11:19:35 [Main_Thread] WebAuth: user admin10 - LDAP bind/auth error: 
48 - No password, did you mean noauth or anonymous ? -- try local password

Is it right that the LDAP Container Settings will fill out by the selected User 
?

Thanks for you and your work.
Regards
Martin


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Thomas Eckardt [mailto:[email protected]] 
Gesendet: Freitag, 7. November 2014 09:03
An: ASSP development mailing list
Betreff: Re: [Assp-test] LDAP and "Manage Admin Users!"

What is not working?

- select new user
- fill the select field with a part of the user name you are looking for or 
leave it blank
- LDAP objectclass should be 'person'
- LDAP return attribute could be any, but 'uid' or 'cn' or 'mailaddress' 
are usefull (what ever your LDAP/AD accepts for a userlogin) - 
userPrincipalName seems to be also an option in AD
- click show
- you'll get a list of users below - if you used 'cn' as attribute and you got 
a list , the LDAP server possibly supports contextless login
- click on a user, this fills the user name field with the right content
- click continue

The dialog has not to be used this way strictly. You may also define the user 
name manualy (for example if you use a different LDAP server for the
login)

- now the dialog is the same like for local users - in addition the LDAP 
section must be configured
- define the LDAP server - the field is prompted with the one from the main 
config - if ports are not defined, the default ports are used according to the 
next settings
- select the LDAP version to be used (eg. 3)
- LDAP container could be blank, if you used the cn (common name) attribute as 
user name and the LDAP server supports contextless login
  otherwise you need to define the LDAP location of the user (eg. 
"cn=USER, o=org, c=country" or "cn=USER, dn=org, dn=country" - in AD for 
example "cn=USER, cn=Users, dn=domain, dn=local")
  As a LDAP admin you should know what to do!
- in most cases you have to use  LDAP-SSL for user logins - most LDAP servers 
don't accept plain text logins
- keep in mind, the AD handles user names not cases sensitive - ASSP is doing 
it case sensitive!

If you finished the user configuration, the user should be able to login.

If there is anything wrong, you should see something like

Nov-7-14 07:47:30 [Main_Thread] WebAuth: user xxxx - LDAP bind/auth error: 
48 - Bind failed: Username / password binds not allowed -- try local password

in the log. Here 'LDAP-SSL' was not enabled for example

Thomas





Von:    Martin Voßloh <[email protected]>
An:     "[email protected]" 
<[email protected]>
Datum:  06.11.2014 18:28
Betreff:        [Assp-test] LDAP and "Manage Admin Users!"




Hello,

I use ASSP a long time with different Users. All admin users are local ones 
because I don´t know how to configure for LDAP.
The "LDAP Setup" in ASSP ist working fine and I check all user email adresses 
against the AD of Windows Server 2008 R2 but I couldn´t find my problem for the 
admin users.
Does it exist some log informations for a bad try (debug)?
Any example or Wiki information?

Thanks for help.
Regards
Martin
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Assp-test mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-test




DISCLAIMER:
*******************************************************
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally 
privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the 

individual to whom it is addressed.
This email was multiple times scanned for viruses. There should be no known 
virus in this email!
*******************************************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Assp-test mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-test



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Assp-test mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/assp-test

Reply via email to