:: On Sun, 10 May 2015 22:54:08 -0400
:: <CALhpkAkJ83fODX8sO9h8EHYrs6Ev=oozgitp7zngrqqznkb...@mail.gmail.com>
:: K Post <nntp.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> example:
> 63.249.66.210 SenderBase: status=not classified, data=US, CRUZIO,
> cruzio.com, , Y, 19, changedetection.com
> SO GREAT that it shows the changedetection.com hostname in the
> analyze gui now, but it's not matching my whitelist, because the
> domain of cruzio.com takes priority.  If only ASSP would look to the
> hostname as well, regardless of if there's a domain listed, we'd be
> golden.

the purpose for the senderbase queries is different, it's used to find
the IP *owner* country (as opposed as the IP country, a big player may
use IPs spread all over the globe but be based in country "XX") and the
owner informations; when it comes to IPs and domain/host names we have
DNS lists and URI lists... and sincerely it seems to me that you are
missing the inner working of ASSP, see, the code uses a "layered check"
approach where each bit and piece contributes to the scoring; my humble
suggestion is to try reading the archives of this list and/or looking
at the ASSP source code