>I don't want to discuss this any further.
I'm sorry to be a source of frustration, but you haven't answered my
question.

Why?  Why is the way it's coded better than what I propose?  Previous
versions of the code did it "my way."  Clearly there was a reason for the
change, but I can't think of one.  I was able to easily switch the logic,
but I don't want to mess with your masterpiece.  Everything you do it so
well thought out, and who am I to say you're wrong? I'm just trying to
understand the reasoning - then I can decide if my specific situation
warrants changing this section for each release for use here or what.
Thank you for your continued patience.