The problem is that the module is up to date (1.68), but OpenSSL is still
from February.   Wouldn't the old DLL cause problems with the newer version
of the module?

1.0.2c was released yesterday to patch yet another vulnerability.

I don't have the tools installed to compile the dll from Source on Windows,
but supposed I could.  I really don't know what I'm doing in that respect
though and worry that it wouldn't be 100% right causing instability or
worse.