Thank you both for adding your thoughts and really starting this discussion.

I know how to do what you're both suggesting (though in our case, mail goes
to several different end servers so parsing them would be a pain).  The
simple grep of the maillog is what I've been doing, and that's fine, but
what I was asking was if there was value to adding that as a built in tool
to ASSP.

I disagree that this isn't a task for ASSP because the purpose is to help
improve its accuracy.  Furthermore, in a large installation (not ours) it
would allow ASSP administrators who only have access to the GUI (no have
access to the SMTP servers, or even access to the physical/virtual assp
server machine) to report on this without displaying the WHOLE in the gui,
downloading it, and searching/grepping for all Message ok, etc.

A tool/method in ASSP to do this would be available to all regardless of
setup / restrictions / org size.  in my opinion, the question isn't really
if ASSP >could< do this (what's the last thing that Thomas said he wasn't
able to do?!?!?), it's if adding the ability would be useful to a good
number of us admins.  I know it would be useful to me, but would others use
it too?

I believe that block reporting is so efficient blocked mails are logged in
an additional block report file.  Would it be a big deal to mimic this
functionality for mail ok lines?  I can't imagine that this would be much,
if any of a server impact, and maybe have it be an optional task.  Then we
can run a quick report from the gui on demand that would be emailed to the
admin just like a block report.