>Should it not be case sensitive?

No - since I know assp - all regular expressions in assp are NOT case
sensitive!

If you want to make a line to be processed case sensitive, you need to
change it - for example:

default - not case sensitive

\bI always want to detect this text\b

changed - case sensitive:

(?-i:\bI always want to detect this text\b)

the syntax is :

(?xims-xims:)

Switches after the question mark will switch a feature to 'ON' - switches
after the hyphen will switch a feature to 'OFF'. Not defined switches are
inherited from the above level

(?i:\b(?-i:I) always want to detect this text\b)

Here - all is not processed case sensitive, except the 'I'. This is only
an example. I this case it would be better to a character group : [iI]
instead of (?-i:I).

Thomas