Thanks Thomas.

I agree with you. I would remove the killswitch from future versions of the plugin.

I audited the last month of logs, and I found 11 domains for which this locky test was triggered. All of them are financial companies like banks and mortgage lenders. I did not find any that appeared to actually be malicious, although it is possible, but unlikely, that some may have spoofed the domains in question. I'd have to audit every single email to be sure. One is a major bank, the rest are regional or even local. They seem to be using a common (shared, not popular) mechanism for sending secured emails that involves these html files with embedded js.

My mail server is small (7700 emails/day) but it seems to me that I should be seeing this test be triggered for email outside of the course of normal business, but I am not.

I'm going to try to get samples of these attachments so we can see if there is a way to fine tune this check.

- Bob

On 7/31/2017 11:09 AM, Thomas Eckardt wrote:
 >I've added it to "good" and I'll see what happens.

Nothing changes! There is no 'good' check for executable attachments and embedded executable JS code.

I released ASSP_AFC 4.56. It contains such a killswitch (general switch off). It is hidden AND IT IS NONSENSE to use it.