Hello everyone,

One department with their own subdomain at our charity is going to be
moving to Office365 for email.  I want to be able to *keep ASSP in use for
this handful of users*, but could use some guidance from the community here.

My plan is:

1) Inbound mail to dept1.ourcharity.org will still have their MX record as
our internal server.

1a) The internal SMTP server will then forward mail to users @
dept1.ourcharity.org  to <whateveruser>@forward.dept1.ourcharity.org which
will be set up as an alternate address for each user at Office365.   that
forward subdomain will have MX records pointing to office365.

I think we're okay there.

2) Outbound mail from Office365 will use a smarthost to connect to ASSP so
that outbound mail can be added to the corpus, whitelist and other lists
updated, etc.

My issue is with relaying. I do not want to allow all of Microsoft's
Office365 IP space (into allowRelayCon) as allowed relay hosts because the
huge IP space that they use to send messages out is not exclusively used by
me.  That means that any other Office365 user could set up an Exchange
connector to send messages through our ASSP.

Authentication would solve that issue, *but apparently, Office365 does NOT
allow SMTP AUTH for outgoing smarthost. *

I've got to believe that I'm not the only one out there who has run into
this problem before.  Any ideas would be incredibly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Ken