So this is odd.... running handle on perl.exe gives me stuff I'd expect
(though I don't know what it all is)

   78: File  (RW-)
C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.17763.2213_none_de6ea00a534da176
  18C: File  (R-D)   C:\Windows\System32\en-US\KernelBase.dll.mui
  1B0: File  (RW-)
d:\StrawberryPerl\perl\site\lib\Net\DNS\Resolver\Base.pm
  280: File  (RW-)   d:\assp
  2DC: File  (R-D)   C:\Windows\System32\en-US\mswsock.dll.mui
  678: File  (RW-)   L:\ASSP Logs\maillog.txt   <-- link of d:\assp\logs to
another drive
  67C: File  (RW-)   L:\ASSP Logs\bmaillog.txt  <-- link of d:\assp\logs to
another drive
  704: Section       \BaseNamedObjects\__ComCatalogCache__
  718: Section       \BaseNamedObjects\__ComCatalogCache__
  71C: Section       \RPC Control\DSECFAC
  7D8: File  (RW-)   d:\assp\pid

and then about *1300* additional identical entries (with different
handles), that are:

xxx: *File  (RW-)   d:\assp\tmpDB\Griplist\BDB-error.txt*

And those 1300 idential lines is with ASSP trucking along quite nicely.  No
errors in the 15 hours or so since it crashed last.  I can't imagine that
1300 open handles to DBD-error.txt is normal though.   And I have no idea
what it shows when it's crashing.  I'm not sure how to find that out
either, as once I'm alerted to SMTP being down, it's already too late -
ASSP has crashed.

DBD-error.txt is 0 bytes.  In the Griplist folder.  It appears to have been
"modified" about a minute ago, but still 0bytes.

 I also see:
__db.001 888kb
__db.002 120kb
__db.003 648kb

I don't believe that I use the griplist.  noGriplistUpload and
noGriplistDownload are both checked.  Due to our charity privacy policy :(

I just restarted the ASSP service in Windows and see 10 of the
griplist\DBD-error.txt handles.  Is >>that<< normal?  I temporarily
reverted to 21218 (I happened to have that old version on hand) and seems
to have 9 of the griplist\DBD-error.txt handles, so having a bunch doesn't
seem to be a new problem, if it's a problem at all.

I feel like some loop happens when there TLS errors with the new versions
though that somehow gets more of these griplist\dbd-error.txt handels to
open until there no more file handles left????