Whew you've been busy! Thank you.

   - If msvcrt is being used, would 512 open files ever not be enough?  I
   feel like I was getting the file issues when many links to BDB-error.txt
   files were getting stuck open, so exceeding 512, but that was ultimately
   because of my stupid griplist directory misconfiguration combined with bad
   TLS early talkers.  I guess I'm trying to understand why
   $winSetMaxIO_DLL and $winSetMaxIO hidden params were necessary, so I can
   understand how to set them for my set up.

   -
   - Do you know if the Strawberry Perl installations at
   https://strawberryperl.com/releases.html compiled with DUSE_PERLIO?    I
   tried looking it up, but I'm coming up empty

   - With BDBErrLog set to 0, I assume that any error with BDB files would
   still be spit out to the maillog.txt file so we can be alerted that
   something's wrong?