On 2013-09-13 5:27 AM, Fritz Borgstedt <f...@iworld.de> wrote:
> For Users of ASSP  <assp-user@lists.sourceforge.net> schreibt:
>> That standard setup would also allow the delay feature to work
>> properly.
>
> ASSP is designed to be the first responder on incoming mail. It is
> essential to reply immediately to the spam sender (not sending
> something). Not doing so would add to the Backscatter we are all

That is not what he is asking for.

ASSP has an *excellent* spam reporting capability, white/blacklist
options for senders, and content filtering options.

But, not everyone wants to rely on a single perl script for their SMTP
'front door', as it is much more fragile when compared to something like
postfix. And when you add the new postscreen capabilities of recent
versions of postfix, which when implemented properly, will stop 95+% of
the garbage long before it consumes any (significant) resources, the
ability to set up ASSP as *just* an after queue content filter with
properly functioning spam reporting and white/black list (for senders)
management is a very attractive desire.

I think this is what the OP is looking for.

I had asked about this a long time ago and was told it was possible, but
don't recall the details.

If I had a boatload of money, I'd pay someone to rewrite the content
filtering/spam-reporting/sender-white/black-listing stuff in ASSP in C
(or C++) and make it available as a module that can run under
amavisd-new (like spamassassin does now)...

--

Best regards,

*/Charles/*