On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Thomas Eckardt
<thomas.ecka...@thockar.com> wrote:

Funny: Gmail told me about your mail: "This message was not sent to
Spam because of a filter you created.". Go figure :)

> Check your settings - there must be a reason, why messages from the legit
> host 'mx0.slc.paypal.com' are marked as spam and why they are not
> corrected by users or admins.

Well, I had already posted a few weeks ago that somehow mails from
paypal got marked as spam, and there's still something lingering that
causes this, it appears.

The problem is simply that I feel overwhelmed by all the settings now
(I started using ASSP when it was hardly more than a bayesian filter,
and back then I still understood it all), and I see no way how to
figure out how to find the culprit.

I sometimes wonder if I should simply start setting ASSP up from
scratch again. I only run on my private email server which serves 3
domains of mine with a dozen email addresses. I have a few domains
from which I do want to receive all mails (never to be considered
spam, no matter what the bayesian filter or other blacklisters think),
and that's about it.

I used to have set up spam traps, honeypots and such, but that was
many years ago and I don't think I need those any more.

Is there a guide for setting up this rather simple and probably common
situation? Or shall I even switch to ASSP 2 for this?

--
Thomas Tempelmann, http://www.tempel.org/
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/tempelorg