Thank you Thomas!

On Tue, 3 Aug 2021 17:55:31 +0200
Thomas Eckardt <thomas.ecka...@thockar.com> wrote:

> SSLDEBUG at the highest level will show something like that in
> maillog.txt

I will look into increasing that, but I am unsure it is SSL related,
maybe more TLS.

> ConTimeoutDebug
>
> generates the con....txt files in the debug folder. These files show,
> what was going on in the connection until the timeout was reached.

I set that one, but it is not providing much useful information. Here
is the end from one with Google, nothing above stands out, but seems
this is where it falls off.

Aug-03-21 12:19:30 client IO::Socket::SSL=GLOB(0x7fde3dc429e8) unpoll
(writable) from main sub main::unpoll 7 read from client = EHLO
mail-pl1-x647.google.com Aug-03-21 12:19:30 server
IO::Socket::SSL=GLOB(0x7fde3c853968) poll (writable) from main sub
main::sendque 24 Aug-03-21 12:22:42 client Timeout after 180 secs
Aug-03-21 12:22:42 client was readable Aug-03-21 12:22:42 client was
not writable

Full output (good for 1yr)
https://dpaste.com/HSFFBGNKW

> Exclude these IP's from SSL-failed-Cache* (noBanFailedSSLIP) - may
> help (there is no need to restart assp !)
>
> the SSL-failed cache can be cleared or manipulated using the left
> menu in the GUI -> below 'internal Caches' (scroll to the bottom)

I think that was just ssl-tools website doing that, I do not believe
any of my timeout issues are ban failed ssl cache related.

> gentoo:
>
> One of the systems I maintain is running a gentoo (what a horror
> OS!). ASSP autoupdates to the latest public available dev version.
> This system runs without a single manual intervention for months now.
> Assp does a service autorestart ones in a week.
> How ever, system components, perl and perl modules are still
> untouched for over 18 months.

If you update that system, there are major perl changes, new version of
perl and many things shipped within perl and various modules.

Gentoo has gone downhill for sometime. I am a former Gentoo dev and
trustee, infamous, banned for years from any communication. I still
maintain a split up ASSP, which I know is frowned upon, but its worked
for a very long time. Pretty sure, this issue is not related to that,
but always  the potential.
https://github.com/Obsidian-StudiosInc/os-xtoo/tree/master/mail-filter/assp

I am thinking maybe more a Qmail issue (that I hope is not the issue),
or something in between, perl module, etc.

> for the records:
>
> after reseting all STATS a week ago on my prod windows system, I got
> no timeouts - even not a single one from the big mailers.
> SMTP SSL-Port-Connections Timeout:      0       0
> SMTP STARTTLS-Connections Timeout:      0       0
>
> perl modules in use:
>
> IO::Poll        1.45
> IO::Select      1.45
> IO::Socket::INET6       not installed
> IO::Socket::SSL 2.071
>
> Net::SSLeay     1.90
> OpenSSL 1.1.1i
> OpenSSL-lib 1.1.1i 8 Dec 2020

IO::Poll        1.41
IO::Select      1.42
IO::Socket::INET6       2.72
IO::Socket::SSL         2.066
Net::SSLeay     1.88
OpenSSL 1.1.1k  1.1.1k

Looks like I am behind on all but OpenSSL. I will work on updating
those, it very well could be a perl module issue. Running on

This is perl 5, version 32, subversion 1 (v5.32.1) built for
x86_64-linux-thread-multi

> system info:
>
> ASSP Version: (dev) 2.6.6 build 21202

Hmm, I am on 2.6.5 build 21074, which I believe is the latest/current
release. I am envious over 2.6.6 :)

--
William L. Thomson Jr.