clark McBean wrote:

> 3. currently, saya sedang mencari any source of salafee history dan its
> relationship to sunni. atau it terpisah dari sunni. I don't know.

'Salafee' itself is not a new terminology because it had been used by
Rasulullah himself in his saying to his daughter that he was the best salaf
(literally means predecessor). It had also been used to describe good
qualities of a sunni (e.g. description of ad-Daraquthnee by adz-Dzahabee).
However, the use of it increases nowadays due to the deviation of 'sunni'
terminology. Many deviated sects have claimed to be included in the correct
path i.e. ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah. Therefore, 'salafee' is meant to signify
one of the criteria of ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah i.e. understanding Islam in
the way of the pious predecessors (salafush shalih). So instead of a new
sect, salafee is meant to return to the way of the original Islam. There are
other names for ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah such as firqatun najiyyah. (CMIIW)

BTW, if you don't mind, may I know your religious background? It might help
us in giving the needed information because sometimes we assume some basic
knowledge about Islam in order to save space.

Allahu a'lam.

--
Ahmad Ridha ibn Zainal Arifin ibn Muhammad Hamim
(l. 1980M/1400H)

Would you Help a Child in need?
It is easier than you think.
Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O2aXmA/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM