Hi all,

At my work I'm dealing with the AST packages, ast-open and ast-mvs that still in alpha release.

One point I'm struggling to learn is how do I update the Mamfile with the a new paths for a new environment. I would like to address that I'm really new to the AST tools, so please be mercy ;)

I have a ast-mvs package ast-mvs.2013-10-10.tgz, this package is under $PACKAGEROOT/lib/package/tgz, when I extract it with bin/package read, it give me some Mamfiles with hard coded paths for the ast-open and DB2 installation path, but at my new environment this paths don't apply.

How do I generate new Mamfiles with the right path for the new environment?

Here is an example:

The Mamfile for src/cmd/util has path for DB2 as you can see below:

info mam static 00000 1994-07-17 make (AT&T Research) 5.7 2013-08-11
setv INSTALLROOT ../../..
setv PACKAGE_ast ${INSTALLROOT}
setv PACKAGE_ast_INCLUDE ${PACKAGE_ast}/include/ast
setv PACKAGE_ast_LIB ${PACKAGE_ast}/lib
setv PACKAGE_billing ${INSTALLROOT}
setv PACKAGE_billing_INCLUDE ${PACKAGE_billing}/include
setv PACKAGE_billing_LIB ${PACKAGE_billing}/lib
setv PACKAGE_mvs ${INSTALLROOT}
setv PACKAGE_mvs_INCLUDE ${PACKAGE_mvs}/include
setv PACKAGE_mvs_LIB ${PACKAGE_mvs}/lib
setv PACKAGE_db2_INCLUDE ${INSTALLROOT}/${INSTALLROOT}/opt/app/workload/db2inst1/sqllib/include /opt/app/workload/db2inst1/sqllib/samples/c setv PACKAGE_db2_LIB ${INSTALLROOT}/${INSTALLROOT}/opt/app/workload/db2inst1/sqllib/lib64
setv PACKAGE_cobol ${INSTALLROOT}
setv PACKAGE_cobol_INCLUDE ${PACKAGE_cobol}/include
setv PACKAGE_cobol_LIB ${PACKAGE_cobol}/lib
setv PACKAGEROOT ../../../../..

The problem is the my DB2 installation is not at /opt/app/workload.... insted is in /opt/ibm/db2/V10.5

I've checked at the nmake manual that the flag --mam generate the mamfiles but where do I specify the new path?

Thanks and best regards.
Felipe Miranda