Brian West wrote:
Isn't it really 1000 interrupts ? not 8000?

Yes, that is correct. Each Zaptel card generates 1000 interrupts per second. For a TDM400 card, there are four B-channels transferred during that interrupt cycle. For a TE110P card, there are 24/30 channels transferred during that cycle.

On the TE405P/TE410P, there _may_ be four separate interrupts, one for each span; I don't know enough about that board to say for sure. Even so, that's only 4,000 interrupts per second, which is not a great deal.

I don't think anyone can say for sure at this point, but I'd say it's a pretty safe assumption that the DS3000P will _not_ be generating interrupts at any frequency greater than 1,000 per second; as you say, that would just kill the box in a great hurry :-)