hi,
I mistakenly sent this to the wrong list...
sorry...

dave cantera wrote:
hi, I am new to asterisk....
I have a client who wants a help desk type of application.  the asterisk tool kit seems to fit the bill nicely.  is there anything already implemented that is available or is all the asterisk implementations custom?
attributes of the project include a sequence of events as follows:

we need two call paths for different scenarios

call flow path 'A'
call in,
get CID and produce a screen pop, if no match on our database, ask for name (screener stage I)
agent #1 fills in / updates a form then
pass call to an extension (agent #2, screener stage II) w/ screen pop on local PC,
agent #2 has the option of passing that db record directly or creating/completing a second form.  this would either have multiple monitors (i.e. a teleprompter) or pass it on to the final destination.
record the call at each stage

call flow path 'B'
call in,
get CID and produce a screen pop, if no match on our database, ask for name (agent #1 screener stage I)
lookup agent criteria matching the caller's needs, send screen pop to a remote PC (even over the Internet) (stage II)
then transfer the call to the remote PC via VoIP if local, PSTN if not local (stage III)
record the call at each stage

any help would be appreciated...
thanks,
dave cantera

--

The eyes of the Lord roam over the whole earth, to encourage those who are devoted to Him wholeheartedly.
II Chronicles 16:9 NAB