Matt wrote:

There is no per minute charge associated with this.. if it's a local
call.. just .05 per call.  This is on a PRI.   We are paying monthly
for the PRIs...I don't yet have monthly rates.... but that's what I
was wondering... if anyone else has seen the 0.05 per call anywhere..
and what thoughts were on it.. obviously cost of the PRI does factor
in.

SBC/Ameritech in Illinois has been charging $0.05 PER LOCAL CALL (with /no/ per-minute charge) for as long as I can remember. This is on POTS lines. I think its on PRIs, too. Of course, depending on your calling plan, this fee may have been waived. Also the definition of "local call" seemed to be a little flexible, too.

cheers,
glenn