Matt Riddell wrote:

Michael Giagnocavo wrote:
The only individuals who should be concerned with encryption IMHO are:

Those with something to hide or who are conduction communications or a sensitive nature. In the context of a business environment I would not necessarily want someone riding my bandwidth or listening in, but it's way at the bottom of the list of things that keep me up at night.
Well, I think most people would like to hide their banking and credit card
information. Leaving your network open to anyone wanting to plug in just
makes it that much easier... (Then again, its probably easier to just send
someone a Trojan renamed to "Coolpicsofu.exe".)

Only problem is, the cordless technology that is being replaced has no
security whatsoever.

Therefore anything is better than nothing.

What would be nice is a wifi phone that could run OpenVPN and connect directly
to our VPN using 99999999999999999999bit encryption (or thereabouts).

:)

Maybe privacy is not the issue. If someone cracks wep can they get the SIP credentials and use your account to make calls?