Many of us whom work out of our basements consider ourselves reliable. The fact that we can make make a full time living (some of us anyhow) would suggest that our customers think were reliable too.

I think its "horses for courses" though. As an IT Manager of a 250 user software house down on Wall Street I would not work with small outfits of the likes I am today because I found that they just didn't have the resources to cater to me.

Now that I'm self employed I know my limits and thus don't pitch for work with firms bigger than about 75 users. For those firms that are my customers I try to offer them a Telecoms Solution rather than just dial tone or a new PBX. My goal is to be their IT Manager. A goal that so far has kept me employed in my basement.

I have to say though, I do have a "professional" front end to my business with a proper .com address and web space etc.

<advert>
So if you're in the NNJ area and in need of some IT/Telecoms services, look me up. http://www.enicomms.com
</advert>

Mark (in his basement)

Dovid B wrote:
Hello List,
I am curious if people sign up with no name providers or just reputable people. I received an offer from some one using a GMail account. There was no .com name or web site. Are these people reliable or are most of them working out of their basements ? Thanks.
Dovid

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com