Dean is so wrong here. If my customer does not have a specified finish date, he is not a "bad customer". If I fail to educate him about the need for a specified finish date, I am a "bad consultant". My customers need me because there are a lot of things they don't know.

Anybody needing consultants can hire someone like me to help them hire the right consultant. Sometimes that works best for both sides. The person hired to do the bulk of the technical work is usually more comfortable when he will be managed by a person who understands the general nature of the beast that needs to be conquered.

Some of you entepreneurs that use this list are somewhat technically challenged and you know that well. If you are unwilling to hire people like me to provide some basic technical direction and management you might get lucky and you might get unlucky. I think that a good craps game is safer.

Melisa Teoh wrote:

Dear Dean,

I would agree that it can be frustrating to receive streams of irrelevant emails, however it is always helpful to hear 'customer reviews'. Isn't the purpose of the business list to encourage commerce and related subjects? If customers want to share stories of good service e.g. VoIP Supply, we should hear about it. Likewise, if there are stories of poor service we should also be aware of them.

Melisa.