On 10/09/05 05:45 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said the following:
Why not to stop trying to find ways around GPL, and instead, write something useful that would respect the rights of Digium and other contributors?

many are not trying to find ways around the GPL but rather to clarify their usage/distribution of a GPLed program with sources. the manner in which freebsd downloads, patches and compiles asterisk and the digium GPL waiver to openssl/openh323 would seem that distributing asterisk (with sources) on a freebsd system is in violation.

somehow this just seems morally wrong for a licensing term to bar an operating system, and an open source one at that !

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/