On 10/11/05 12:37 trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com said the following:
Ahh I see what you mean, instead of asterisk business edition and just
asterisk use two totally seperate names.  That could cause more
confusion than its worth, and cause potential trademark dissolution

actually, it's been done with staroffice/openoffice.org and netscape/mozilla as well as sourcefire/snort[1]. in digium's case, perhaps the renaming should be of the open source project and not their commercial ABE version to reduce rebranding costs.

[1] sourcefire has just been acquired for US$225m by Checkpoint

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/