On 10/12/05 13:59 trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com said the following:
quality, why many people say VoIP isnt ready for primetime all the while
not knowing that they prolly have talked on a VoIP call and not known
it.

ain't that the truth !

a local malaysian mobile operator has a service called BudgetIDD which offers rates much, much cheaper than normal IDD. it works trivially by just prepending 131 to the international number you're dialling.

what many of the users of the service dont know is that the international leg of the call is carried over VoIP (H.323 to be specific). i usually use this as a counterpoint when ppl say that voip is generally not ready for primetime.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/