I should not say the on-board resources "alleviate" the load on the host CPU, but rather, they "lessen" the load. I think integrators who use Sangoma products would agree you can run them on a slightly more lean CPU/RAM config than you'd want to use for a similar Digium board.

--
Cory Andrews
Senior Partner

--- Begin Message --- I'd imagine your standard Asterisk config would work. Intel P4 3.0 GHZ, 512MB-1GB of RAM. The Sangoma's do a lot of the "heavy lifting" on the board, which alleviates the load for the host CPU. I'm sure we'll see some benchmarking on these soon.

Cory Andrews
Senior Partner
+++++++++++
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive
Buffalo, NY 14225
voice - 716.630.1555 X22
email - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax - 716.630.1548

smbPBX wrote:

Curious as to what kind of Linux hardware (server) one needs to
support 128 lines from one card?
smbPBX