With the discussion of the 1.50 per subscriber fee, Which Dash911 says customers are happy to pay... Lets not forget the State funding fees.

I know that 45 of the 50 states collect fees from providers to support answering those telephone calls for 911. Those fees need to be collected as well. In Minnesota the fee is 65 cents.

http://www.911.state.mn.us/911_fees__change_notice_.asp

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/voip-providers-must-send-911-fees-to-pennsylvania.asp

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/ensb/911fees.shtml

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/911_fees/911_ec.html

I'm not going to list all of the states, but lets not forget about this effort and expense as well. It's likely that the administration of the fees plus the Dash911 fee will run the average provider about 3 bucks per line, or customer or device or... Anyone define how we're going to pay these fees yet? Works out somoething like this... 1.50 to Dash, aprox 90cents for state, costs of collection, tracking, reporting, etc. Now lets see Dash911 work that out for us providers. Are your customers willing to pay over 2 bucks for 911?