Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
----- Craig Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

PS. Dual processors are overkill unless you have an Asterisk version
that supports it (we don't).

I don't know what you are talking about here... Asterisk is a heavily threaded
application, and will take full advantage of the number of processors/cores in
your system. Especially when transcoding is involved, having multiple cores
available makes a significant difference.

This has been true for all released versions of Asterisk; there was never a
released version of Asterisk that didn't 'support' multiple processors.

Kevin,

Can you share your expectations how many G729 transcodings can be done on dual dual-core Opterons or P4 with 4 Gb of memory on SIP-to-SIP environments ( no TDM or echocancelers involved)
My guess is about 250-300 simultaneous calls.

May be I am way to optimistic, that's why I am asking your educated expectations.

All the Best!
Sergey.