So the best next step would be OpenVXI voicexml Interpreter inside asterisk?

In fact, it seems to me an important step, but also long hard work to do.

Thanks for the info but that's not what we want to do ? There are anyway a
lot of IVR Servers that support SIP. What I want is a way to make Asterisk
understand VXML internally...

Rgds,

El Flynn writes:

> Marco Mouta wrote:
>> As far as i know, there's only SIPx with OpenVXI as VoiceXML interpreter
>> Engine.
>>
>> In the past i've also used PublicVoiceXML integrating as my final
>> thesis Microsoft SAPI 5.1 SDK for ASR.
>>
>> By the way PublicVoiceXML also used OpenVxi for the VoiceXML
>> interpreter, so i can conclude that the most stable opensource
>> VoicexML interpreter should be OpenVXI.
>>
>> not sure if last version in SIPx (OpenVXI 3.0) stills
>> OpSource...PVX3.0 used OpenVXI2.1 i think.
>>
>> I think it would be very good for Asterisk this integration, but ASR
>> and TTS Engines price will always be an obstacle...
>>

> Well, for testing purposes you could also do the following:
>
> 1. Sign up for a Developer account with Voxeo (www.voxeo.com)
> 2. Build and deploy your VoiceXML app
> 3. Use SIP to connect to Voxeo and run your VoiceXML app.
>
> Voxeo has been accepting SIP-based connections into their platform way
> back since around early 2002.
>
> Flynn

Sylvain Dumont.
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]