Darren Nickerson wrote:
> Please consider this a public appeal for Digium to allow choice in the
> market, rather than artificially restricting consumers' options. It's
> better
> for everyone, including Digium I would argue, for there to be competition.
> We move a lot of your product ourselves - we'd really like to be able to be
> blessed as 'official' by y'all but we're really not in favor of restricting
> the consumer's choice, and applaud the efforts of Sangoma, Xorcom, and even
> Rhino. The competition has raised everyone's game, led to competitive
> market
> pricing, and broadened Asterisk's reach and credibility.

You will need to communicate this to the people at Digium who handle
reseller relations (which is certainly not me!). I understand your
position, but keep in mind that this policy is in no way uncommon in the
telephony industry. For example, if you sell Cisco gear and are a Cisco
authorized reseller, you are not allowed to install
third-party/refurbished/used/etc. components in your customers' Cisco
switches/routers, because Cisco wants to ensure that they are
represented well.

In fact, it's really not uncommon for _any_ market where someone wants
to be an 'authorized' reseller representing a manufacturer. It's one
thing to be authorized to sell -solutions- from multiple vendors, but
something else entirely to package components from competing vendors and
still claim to be representing one of them as an 'authorized reseller'.