> There are many new features and core changes in the 1.4 branch that
> introduce an exponential amount of new, possibly untested situations
> that could cause serious issues in production systems. As an example,
> all of the race conditions and deadlocks that have been fixed due to
> the increased focus on using tools like SIPP, as well as Murph's focus
> on stabilizing AEL, not to mention all of the VLDTMF related issues
> that have been squashed. The IAX2 changes have also been a sorely
> needed update as well.

        The larger community can do our part by using tools like SIPP to test
the patched 1.4.x versions and report bugs. There are a lot of us using
Asterisk in production where we could test against real conditions than
there are those of us who can patch the code. Maybe if someone could
write a tool to parse real Asterisk logs into scripts for SIPP against a
test server, we could use all that real experience to more quickly
improve Asterisk with each of us has to offer the community, whether
coding or testing.

(C) Matthew Rubenstein