On Feb 4, 2008 7:01 AM, Andor Czafik (Akakiko) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new in this list, and my english is not so good, so sorry for my
> english.
> We want to change our external callcenter to new, internal callcenter,
> but first time, we need to work with external parallel.
> We will connect to our telephone provider with sip trunk, and the X
> percentageof incoming calls will be forwarded to external callcenter,
> and 100-X percentage will go to our queue of agents.
> My question is, how can i make this forwarding rule, the percentage is
> allways changing.
> My idea, please tell me, while is a stupid idea:
> Ill  make 11 normal sip extensions, 1 queue,  and ill make 10 sip
> trunks, and with 10 sip trunks i will connect to 10 sip extensions.
>  From this 10 trunks, X percentage is ringing on 1 sip extension, and
> this extension goes to external callcenter. And the remains trunks goes
> to our queue of agents.
> Its working now, but only with two asterisk server, because i can not
> connect to localhost with sip trunks. And this is my second question,
> how can i connect to localhost sip extension (loopback connections with sip)
> I use asterisk with destar.
> Thanks for helping
> Andor

You lost me with localhost.

I have done something similar to what you are describing with fastagi
that connected to a database and returned a queue (extension really)
based an a large number of variables.

You could use that same principle for your application.  Setup a local
queue on one extension and a dial on another extension.

call comes in --->  hits AGI  -->  AGI hits database which based on
your metrics and chan variables returns an exten ->  resume dialplan
at X extension.

This way you keep most your logic outside of Asterisk itself which
allows greater flexibility now and in the future.

Maybe later you want to weight percentage based on a rolling
conversion figure, time of day, language, DID, ANI, or whatever
business logic makes more sense.  It becomes much easier to test
different strategies.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro