On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 03:04:50 -0400, Michael Jerris wrote:
> There already is, its called sofia-sip and it is sponsored/written by
> nokia.  It already runs on their tablets and has been recently re-
> ported to symbian.

but that's a sip toolkit, a library from which a client must be built.

"Sofia-SIP is an open-source SIP  User-Agent library, compliant with the
IETF RFC3261 specification (see the feature table). It can be used as a
building block for SIP client software for uses such as VoIP, IM, and many
other real-time and person-to-person communication services. The primary
target platform for Sofia-SIP is GNU/Linux. Sofia-SIP is based on a SIP
stack developed at the Nokia Research Center. Sofia-SIP is licensed under
the LGPL."

i was thinking more along the lines of using something like sofia-sip or
any other library and building an open source sip client for symbian
devices. the only consistently good one i've seen has been the builtin sip
client on the nokia E-series handsets.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/