Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
Bill Michaelson wrote:

ztd-ethmf.c
As I said, that driver has been part of Zaptel, so could not have been
removed.

Correction: it was in Zaptel SVN for a very short time, it had been
committed without proper code review. It was removed quickly thereafter,
and was never part of an Zaptel release.

I find the semantic distinction uninteresting.

The bottom line for me is that it was required to make a competitor's product work. And it did, once I obtained it.

Conclusions may be drawn from that according to the preference of readers.