On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 04:52 -0400, voip-aster...@maximumcrm.com wrote:
> Of course everyone running Asterisk can get 3 humans to monitor the logs
> 24/7 for the signs of an attack.

well if they do it right they dont have to do that, but that does make a
good argument of why no one should monitor their logs ever, oh wait no
it doesnt.

> Has anyone actually seen an attack with spoofed IPs anyways?

yes, several in fact.  I even wrote a program that would "smurf" from
asterisk and other platforms which relied on spoofed IPs to get the
asterisk box to send data to the victim IP, so I am fairly certain that
such things do exist.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721